Sunday 30 August 2009

I'm a nerd

You know, you really are a complete costume geek when you find yourself saying something like;

“No, no, you are thinking about the later wrapping-gown. I’m talking about the 1740’s. You know the one in Arnold.”

And no one stares blankly at you.

I was at friends last nigh and spend an absolute orgy in costume talk. So much fun, but the hour got quite late, and I’m tired today! So I’m browsing about and dream of fabrics. I’ve said to myself that I shouldn’t, really shouldn’t buy more fabrics. But, and you know there was a but coming, what I have in my stash are mostly fabric for the 18th century, and I want to make some contemporary clothes. So I think I shall but some wool to make a couple of warm skirts and I want to sew that raincoat. At the moment I can’t decide if I want one in wine:

http://www.mjtrends.com/prod/metallic-red-pvc-fabrics.jpg

Or in a retro pattern:

http://www.mjtrends.com/prod/pvc-fabrics-retro.jpg

I’m very afraid that there will be one of each…

2 comments:

Madame Berg said...

I like the retro pattern too, but there's nothing like a red rain coat brightening up the gloomy, grey Swedish autumn! I have one that belonged to my mother in law in late 60's or early 70's. It's fire-truck red, a real mood-booster!

Isis said...

My Mum had one too! Unfortunately she's a petite woman, which I'm most definitely not, so I could wear it when I was 12...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...