Tuesday 4 January 2011

To powder my hair or not?

Tomorrow I’m going to attend an 18th century masked ball. My costume has a rather woody theme and my modern me thinks that I ought to look natural. But would an 18th century lady really think like that? Especially since my costume is early 18th century. I don’t think looking natural really had any importance. And I really like the effect of powdered hair- it’s really not used much in my society. Probably because it is a bit of a fuzz to fix. So I’m thinking to and fro and can’t decide.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jag har nog bara sett engelska damer utan puder i håret, när det kommer till just tidigt 1700-tal. Så jag skulle säga pudrat hår... men jag är ingen expert. Naturellt (som ordet antyder) ser ju mera naturligt ut, men det var väl aldrig meningen att man skulle se naturlig ut på maskerad (eller annars heller för den delen)? Ja, vad vet jag...

Isis said...

Ja, jag med. Med ett undantag, en svenska dam som går på maskerad som vestal. :D Fast jag lutar åt att pudra- lite roligare!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...