Thursday 6 January 2011

12th Night costume

Yesterday Gustafs Skål held their 12th Night Masked ball. Thank you all for all the advice and suggestions regarding my costume! I went as a deer, well, perhaps doe and I was really pleased with my costume and got a lot of compliments.
Photobucket


Photobucket

As you can see I wore my green gown. I have gained weight, so I dug up my old stays from Laila Duran, which also solved the stomacher problem. Gorgeous fabric, isn't it? They proved to be a bit big, though, so they chafed a little.
Photobucket

The antler hat started off as a round metal structure with the antlers integrated. Then I covered the antlers with paper clay that I painted gold and the base was covered with the same fur as the gown. I tied it at the back of my neck, and then pinned on the organza veil. I was a bit worried that it would fall off, but it stay put all evening. I did powder my hair, though you can't see much of it.
Photobucket

Unfortunately my camera misbehaved, so after MetalMarianne kindly took these photos, I couldn't use it anymore. Which is a pity, because there was a lot of lovely costumes around!
Photobucket

Sometimes I resemble an ice-cream cone...
Photobucket

11 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow! Just stunning!

Jen Thompson said...

That's beautiful!!!

Rowenna said...

You look like a delightful dryad! I love the idea of a deer costume :) Beautiful!

Barbee said...

Fabulous! What a clever idea.

Lauren said...

Wow! Stunning :-D

Lauren Stowell said...

beautiful!!!!

Jo said...

You look beautiful! That dress with the stays is a perfect choice for a winter ball!

GentlewomanThief said...

You look fabulous! What a great doe :)

Isis said...

Thank you all! :D

The Dreamstress said...

Love the outfit! Those horns are adorable! And the gown is totally drool-worthy!

Isis said...

Thank you Dreamstress! I was really satisfied with it all. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...