Wednesday 2 January 2013

Fraulein Frauke Presents Weimar Cabaret



Wooden dance machine from a Weimar Berlin Cabaret show

Mars 2 the first Fraulein Frauke Presents takes place and this time the theme is Weimar Cabaret. A great theme if you ask me and though I need a new sewing project like I need a hole in my head, I just can’t resist the temptation of doing an early 1930’s evening gown. Especially since I found this fabric at Cheapfabrics, called metallic, slinky chiffon.
Being teeny weenie see-through, I will back it with some beige satin. And I have ordered this pattern from Mrs. Depew.

I have always loved the backless gowns of the 30’s but as I have to wear a bra I think this would be a good solution. It ought o be possible to conceal a bra strap with this cut.

And, for your pleasure, a bunch of beautiful ladies from the Weimar period.



Marlene Dietrich


Pola Negri

Pola Negri

Pola Negri

Brigitte Helm

Lil Dagover

Lil Dagover

Lil Dagover

Andra Fern


Andra Fern
Anita Berber

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be so much fun. Those fabrics should be beautiful together.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oh the glamorous and unbridled chicness of an evening gown like is so wildly appealing. I don't have the figure (short and curvy does not jive well with lanky 1930s fashions most of the time) to pull off such a look myself, or else I'd gleefully join you in wearing a dress like this. Can't wait to see more of your finished (gorgeous!) project, dear Isis.

♥ Jessica

Isis said...

pimpinett: I think so too! I am thinking, though, that I skip the naked back so I can wear foundation garments underneath. I think I need that...

Isis said...

Jessica: I'm not short, but I'm definitely curvy, so we'll see... :) I will rely on pimpinett for superb fitting. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...