Wednesday 22 September 2010

Picspam of the 16th century

One of these days I’m going to sew something from the 16th century. Any year now… Meanwhile I collect inspirational pictures where I find them and while doing a little clean-up on Photobucket I found a couple of drawings that I think are just lovely. There are some I know are by Holbein, but I don’t know if all are.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
I would love to know who this lady was:
Photobucket
Her gown is lovely, but she also has such an interesting face!

4 comments:

Rowenna said...

I love the necklines from this era--the elongated square does wonders for the neck!

That last portrait is fascinating--she looks like such an interesting woman, and I bet she led an interesting life!

Isis said...

Yes, it's very flattering!

Yesh, it's very expresive!

Hélène said...

Maybe some are by Clouet, who was a wonderful artist. Please look at his work !

Isis said...

Hélène: Thank you for the tip! A lof of his paintings are familiar to me, but I didn't knew he was teh artist. Yes, it may very well be his work. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...