There are two weeks left of 2013, but with Christmas coming up I doubt I will finish anything else this year, so here is my sum it up post for 2013. It has been a very good costuming year for me, I have finished if not all, at least a large amount of my UFO’s and I have also finished a few other projects as well. I also got to see Sanna of Rococo Atelier again and also meet Merja of Before the Automobile and Kendra of Démodé. It was so nice to see you all!
A pair of blue stays. Started in 2009. I have yet to take proper
pictures of it though.
A pink 1780’s jacket. Started around 2007
Matching green hat. Started 2012
A wild man’s suit for J. A new project for 2013, but planned for a long
Pink stays with sleeves and petticoat. A new project for 2013 as well,
though the base of the stays was an old pair that needed a new life.
A striped 1790’s linen gown. Also a new project of this year and
The 1940’s wardrobe project
A yellow summer ensemble consisting of a blouse, skirt and bolero, started 2011. No
pictures of it yet, though.
A white shirtwaist dress Started 2011
Blouse in brown silk noil. No proper pictures here either.
General period sewing
A 17th century shirt for J. stated this year, but planned for
a long time.
An embroidered Teens blouse. Started around 1998
A checkered 30’s style skirt. Started 2012, no proper pictures
Maroon 30’s beret. Started 2012, no proper pictures
When it comes to actual single pieces finished, I have taken 18 projects
to deadline. If you count ensembles, then I have finished 12. Even with the
lowest number this means I have finished at least one project every month. I’m
very pleased with myself!
This year I focused on my 18th century sewing, next year I
will focus on my poor neglected 40’s wardrobe. I hope I will be able to finish
as many projects as I did this year. I have also decided to try to participate
in The Historical Sew Forthnightly next
year again. I didn’t do much this year, but now the cut off date is 1945
instead of 1938 which means I can fit my wardrobe project into it. I will also
aim to make the Swedish national gown and a 1650’s outfit for J. First I will finish
the 1640’s gown for me, though.